Mechanisms and Management of Pain for the Physical Therapist
- Paperback: 460 páginas
- Editor: LWW; Edición: 2 (24 de marzo de 2016)
- Idioma: English
- ISBN-10: 9781496343239
- ISBN-13: 978-1496343239
- ASIN: 1496343239
- Dimensiones del producto: 17.8 x 1.8 x 25.1 cm
- Peso del envío: 1.8 pounds
Comprehensive in scope and invaluable for both practitioners and students, Mechanisms and Management of Pain for the Physical Therapist, 2nd Edition, thoroughly covers the wide range of issues requiring the interdisciplinary management of pain.
Joined by more than 20 international contributors to this IASP publication, Dr. Kathleen Sluka provides a practical, evidence-based framework for understanding the basics of pain mechanisms and management.
This highly regarded, updated text covers the basics of pain neurobiology and reviews evidence on the mechanisms of action of physical therapy treatments, as well as their clinical effectiveness in specific pain syndromes.
The second edition features:
- Basic Concepts and Mechanisms – provides a clear infrastructure for the rest of the book.
- Physical Therapy Pain Management – focuses attention on pain regardless of medical diagnosis, using evidence to support clinical decision making.
- Interdisciplinary Pain Management – includes both medical management of pain and psychological approaches to pain.
- Case Studies – discuss a series of pain syndromes using an evidence-based approach.